The TMQG will be making kits for Days for Girls (DfG) as our Annual Charity Project. DfG provides sustainable feminine hygiene kits to girls in developing countries, allowing the girls to attend school, which provides greater opportunities for the girls and helps them break out of the cycle of poverty.
Instructions for the drawstring bag can be found here. Please be careful to follow the directions closely and make the bags really well – they are meant to last for 2-3 years!
Helpful tips for creating a DfG Drawstring Bag:
- Is it colourful and nice in appearance?
- Is it made with a proper fabric?
- Is it the correct size?
- Is the drawstring the correct length?
- Are the drawstrings made with appropriate materials?
- Is the casing secured at the ends?
- Is the casing the proper depth?
- Are the corners neat and tidy?
- Is the stitching neatly done?
- Are the inside seams serged or overcasted to deter fraying
Together we can do this. Let’s empower these girls! And thanks to Becky for making us aware of this worthy cause.